Gain the knowledge to dive fascinating wrecks
Whether purposefully sunk to create an artificial reef for scuba divers, or lost as the result of an accident, wrecks are fascinating windows to the past. Ships, airplanes, cars and even motorbikes are intriguing to explore and usually teem with marine life. Each wreck dive offers a chance for discovery, with the potential to unlock a mystery or spot something others have missed. The PADI Wreck Diver Specialty Course is popular because it offers rewarding adventures, often unlocking dive sites that may not have been open to you before while observing responsible wreck diving practices.
There are many different types of wrecks, some of which are protected by laws that guard their historical and cultural significance. Your training starts by reviewing guidelines for researching and respecting wrecks.
During four boat dives departing from our East Coast Dive Center at the Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort you’ll learn:
- Safety considerations for navigating and exploring wrecks.
- Surveying and mapping a wreck.
- Using penetration lines and reels to guide exploration.
- Techniques to avoid kicking up silt or disturbing the wreck and its inhabitants.
- To discover some of the UAE’s most popular wrecks.