Learn to dive to search and recover lost items
They say you only become a real diver once Davy Jones’s Locker has claimed a piece of your equipment. The Search and Recovery specialty teaches you how to efficiently search for an item underwater and how to return it to the surface. The course covers search patterns, the use of lift bags and other skills needed to recover lost items. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a lot of fun.
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn during your four dives including two from Jumeirah Beach in Dubai, and two from the Al Aqah beach in Fujairah. You will also practice:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
- Manual, certification fees & equipment rental are included
- Transportation is excluded