The PADI Scuba Diver course is a subset of the PADI Open Water Diver course. If you’re short on time but really want to become a diver, the PADI Scuba Diver rating might be right for you ̶ particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily with a dive guide. This course is an intermediate step for earning the Open Water Diver certification, if that’s your ultimate goal.
PADI Scuba Divers are qualified to:
- Dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional to a maximum depth of 12 metres/40 feet.
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities as long as properly supervised.
- Continue dive training by completing the PADI Open Water Diver certification and taking certain specialty diver courses.
- PADI materials, certification fees, equipment rental are included
The PADI Scuba Diver course consists of three main phases divided into 2 days of training:
- 3 Knowledge Development (Classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- 3 Pool Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- 2 Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore (2 dives off Jumeirah beach in Dubai or the Al Aqah beach in Fujairah)