The shortest scuba course to become a diver
The PADI Scuba Diver course is a subset of the PADI Open Water Diver course. If you’re short on time but really want to become a diver, the PADI Scuba Diver rating might be right for you ̶ particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily with a dive guide. This course is an intermediate step for earning the Open Water Diver certification, if that’s your ultimate goal.
PADI Scuba Divers are qualified to:
- Dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional to a maximum depth of 12 metres.
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities as long as they are properly supervised.
- Continue dive training by completing the PADI Open Water Diver certification and taking certain specialty diver courses.
The PADI Scuba Diver course consists of three main phases divided into two days of training:
- Three Knowledge Development theory sessions to understand the basic principles of scuba diving
- Three Pool dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Two Open Water dives to use your skills and explore either off Jumeirah beach in Dubai, or the Al Aqah beach in Fujairah.