Thinking of making a career out of scuba diving? Take diving to a new level with the PADI Divemaster course and start your career doing what you love. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities & skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their diving. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises. Best of all you get to dive a lot!
The knowledge development portion of this course will be conducted online by means of PADI eLearning.
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to lead dive activities. Through knowledge expansion sessions, water skill exercises, workshops and hands-on practical assessment you develop the skills to organize and direct various scuba diving activities. Course consists of following:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
- PADI materials & PADI fees are not included